How to Apply
Black Hawk County Gaming Association requires all its applicants to adhere to our grant guidelines. We reserve the right to deny funding to Applicants who fail to follow funding guidelines.
These guidelines apply to all grants:
Applications must be:
- Submitted via the online grants management system located on the website: www.bhcga.org
- Complete and on time to be considered
- Clear and to the point
- Demonstrate their tax status 501(c)(3) to qualify for funding
Applications should not:
- Be long or complex
- Include extensive artwork, audio or video presentation or petitions of support
Applying organizations must:
- Submit only one project per application
- Be public agencies, educational organizations or not-for-profits 501(c)(3)
- Demonstrate ability to complete and operate their proposals
- Offer annual written proof of performance, if awarded the grant
- Be willing to present in person if the Board invites them
- Be started and completed on time and completed as presented. Failure to do so may be cause for the Board to suspend future payments and demand repayment.
- Benefit the public rather than private individuals or organizations
- Stand on their own merit
The Board of Directors prefers applications that demonstrate matching funds have already been raised or are available.
The Review process
The Black Hawk County Gaming Association accepts, reviews and acts on requests to fund programs, projects and activities that benefit the Cedar Valley.
Read, Write and Submit!
Step 1: Read and understand the Funding Guidelines and Procedures. This is required, and you must do it before you fill out the application.
Step 2: Write a Letter of Intent for funding to the Black Hawk County Gaming Association. The board will use this letter to determine if you meet their funding guidelines. If you do, we will send you an email detailing how you submit your full application. Letter of Intent deadlines for Black Hawk County: January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. Letters of Intent from counties other than Black Hawk are only accepted October 1 and April 1.
Applications must be in our hands by the close of business (4:30 p.m.) on deadline dates to be considered for review. You must submit your Letter of Intent at least 90 days before you submit the application. Projects above $500,000 must allow two quarters (180 days) prior to the quarter in which the grant application will be submitted.
Step 3: Submit the application. If you meet our guideline and eligibility criteria, we will send you an email with full instructions on how to apply. The application must be submitted online by the close of business (4:00 p.m.) on the deadline date for that quarter in order to be considered.
Deadlines for Applications:
- September 15
- December 15
- March 15
- June 15